Oasis Garden Club of
Indian Wells Valley
"Open the Garden Gate to Happiness"
President: Merrilee Ray
8257 Coyote Trail
Inyokern, CA 93527-2018
- Organized February 25, 1958
- Federated November 6, 1958
General meeting: 9:00 a.m. Second Thursday (Sept. through June) at 520 S. Richmond Rd. in Ridgecrest.
Board meeting: 9:00 a.m. Fourth Thursday (September through June).
Oasis Garden Club Objectives
The objectives of the Oasis Garden Club of Indian Wells Valley are:
- to create, promote, and further interest in amateur gardening and in local plant and animal life.
- to inspire appreciation for the natural beauties of the State of California and the Indian Wells Valley.
The Oasis Garden Club of IWV publishes the "Sierra Wave", a monthly newsletter, September thru June, also an annual Yearbook. In addition the club has done a second printing of "Water Thrifty Plants for High Desert Gardening". This helpful publication is available for a donation of $8.00..
We have 36 active members in the Oasis Garden Club. Membership is open to all who are interested; there are no prerequisites. Members have the opportunity to serve as chairmen and officers, from the local to national level. With full membership you receive:
- The Oasis Garden Club's monthly newsletter
- The Oasis Garden Club yearbook
- The Desert Empire District newsletter
- The Desert Empire District yearbook
- A one year subscription to National Gardener magazine
Club activities, projects, and community events include:
- Informational programs at regular meetings for sharing tips and tricks
- A horticulture grow and show at each meeting
- Social potlucks at Christmas and for the Club Anniversary
- Two annual plant sales
- Annual garden tour
- Arbor Day celebration
- Civic beautification projects
- Litter control in the community
- Conservation projects
- Flower shows
- Community involvement
- A Garden Party
..and much more. That's a lot for a little, so what are you waiting for? Join today!
|President||Merrilee Ray||(760) 377-5230|
|Vice President||Paul Vanderwerf||(760) 793-5565|
|Recording Secretary||Janice Wagner
|Corresponding Secretary||Aida Stafford||(760) 371-3555|
|Treasurer||Gisela Sotomayor||760) 371-7650|